Ask the Undertaker
Benefits of Planning Ahead
The planning process of funeral and cremation ceremonies
should be a comforting one for you and your family and not a stressful process
at the time of need. Setting aside funds
for your expenses now may help ensure that you won’t leave a financial strain
as your legacy. To make sure you get the most of your planning experience,
there are several questions you must think about, research and discuss with a
Certified Planning Counselor of the funeral industry. Some of these questions we will explore
- Am I protected if the funeral home I deal
with goes out of business?
- What happens if I move to a different area or
pass away from home?
- Do I have to pay the entire amount upfront or
can I pay over time?
- What happens to the interest earned on the money
I’ve pre paid?
- Am I protected if I go under Medicaid?
- What is the difference between a funeral
director and a Certified Planning Counselor of the funeral industry?
Ryan Helfenbein is a columnist for Outlook by the Bay magazine. In his upcoming educational presentation, he'll assist each of us in learning about ways to save on funeral and cremation expenses and developing our own personal plan. Come and join us for some refreshments as we learn more in a relaxing and enjoyable environment